Whilst it is really important to aim for a 1st or a 2:1 degree, it is not enough to stand out when applying to the top graduate schemes. Having experience on your CV within your field of interest (or experience that has taught you some key transferrable skills), is even more important. The best way to get some experience, whilst still being a student is to apply for a summer internship. Most summer internship programmes for summer 2023 are NOW OPEN & guess what, they’re paid (very well).
It’s a good idea to apply for them now, get the interviews out of the way and secure your position, before the last semester of university.
We’ve rounded up the top 10 summer internships that you can apply for. Remember that an internship is simply a chance to experience working in an industry – that doesn’t mean you have to apply for that specific job in the future. The key thing is that it is experience and a reference, which you can take with you wherever you go.
P.S. We’ve even attached a short summer internship tracker to track your applications. You’re welcome!
- Mastercard / Product Management – Apply Here
- Barclays / Sales, Trading, Structuring Analyst – Apply Here
- Marks and Spencer / Finance Internship Programme – Apply Here
- Procter and Gamble / Human Resources Summer Internship – Apply Here
- King / Data, Analytics & Strategy (Data Science + Gaming) – Apply Here
- UBS / Group Research Analyst – Apply Here or Global Markets Analyst – Apply Here
- ISIO / Investment Advisory – Apply Here
- HSBC / Securities Services – Apply Here
- Oliver Wyman / Management Consulting – Apply Here
- VISA / Cybersecurity Internship – Apply Here or Software Engineer – Apply Here
- Charles River Associates / Life Science Consulting – Apply Here
- Amazon / Data Science – Apply Here (for Master’s or PhD only)
Leave us a comment and let us know that this was helpful to you 🙂
Good luck, 🤞
The Page Doctor